Register of Wills
The Register of Wills is responsible for probating wills and granting Letter of Administration. The Register is also responsible for and has jurisdiction over records of wills, inventories, inheritance tax documents and any other miscellaneous documents filed. The Register of Wills is the agent for the Commonwealth for the collection of inheritance tax.
Clerk of Orphans Court
The Clerk of Orphans' Court is responsible for performing the administrative record keeping duties of that court. The Clerk of Orphans' Court issues marriage licenses. All documents relating to adoption are filed with the Clerk of Orphans' Court.
To obtain fees or a fee schedule, please contact the Register of Wills and Clerk of Courts.
Applying for a Marriage License
When applying for a marriage license you must arrive by 4:00 P.M.
- The fee is $45.00, cash only.
- Both parties must show photo ID.
- If either party has been married before he/she must present original divorce decree or a certified copy of same.
- When applying you will be asked the following about yourselves and your parents: full names (first, middle & last), address, occupations and birthplaces.
- There is a three-day waiting period between applying for and being issued a marriage license. The three-day waiting period can be waived by obtaining a waiver from the judge prior to coming to make an application. There is an additional $5.00 waiver fee. The number to obtain a waiver is 814-432-9610.
- The license is valid for 60 days from the date it is issued.
- All those applicants under 18 must have consent of a custodial parent. The custodial parent must present photo ID. There is an additional $5.00 consent fee.