Earth Day Celebration
The Venango County Community Recycling Center will be hosting an Earth Day Celebration on Saturday, April 22nd from 10AM – 2PM. This event is open to the public at no cost and will include a tour of the Recycling Center, Questions & Answers sessions, and educational materials on proper recycling practices.
The Venango County Community Recycling Center is hosting a Spring 2023 Tire Collection Event on Saturday, June 10th from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM. The program will be accepting up to 20 tires per residence/business. The price for tires is currently $2 per standard car tire, $3 per light truck tire, and $12 per oversized tire.
Residents must call in advance to pre-register by June 2nd.
Register for the below event at www.nobleenviro.com.
Recycling involves the separation and collection of materials for processing and remanufacturing into new products, and the use of products to complete the cycle. Much of the aluminum, glass, paper and steel used for packaging today is already recycled. Half the nation's aluminum cans are made from recycled aluminum and one-quarter of the raw fibers used in the paper industry are from recycled paper products. Glass and steel used in containers can be recycled over and over.
Reasons to Recycle
- Creates jobs
- Reduces pollution
- Saves landfill space
- Saves money
- Saves natural resources
The Venango County Municipal Solid Waste Management Plan was updated in 2014. The most notable features of the Plan include:
- Development of new projections for the generation of municipal waste for the next ten years.
- Designation of disposal facilities to be used for the disposal of generated waste.
- Recommendations outlining
- Initiatives to increase the availability of recycling for all residents of the County
- Improve public education/awareness of proper waste management practices
- Achieve uniformity in Municipal Waste Codes to improve enforcement capability
- Eventually establish a County Recycling and Special Collections Convenience Center if / when funding is available
- Update to the County Municipal Solid Waste and Recycling Transporters Ordinance (PDF).
Municipal Solid Waste & Recycling Plan
To view the full plan, please view the Municipal Solid Waste Management (PDF).